I have been working to limit myself to only a 10-minute shower. I have limited myself by setting a timer which reminds me when to get out. This is very difficult because it has not become a habit yet so while doing this, part of me is always saying stay in the shower. I am hoping after the 2nd week I will get better at this but at the moment, I can only hope it gets easier.
The behavior I am doing is good for the environment because I am limiting the amount of water I use. Every day, people use much more water then they realize which will lead to an extreme decrease in the amount of fresh water available for people to use.
What has prevented me is the fact that it is very hard to maintain a new habit. It takes a long time to develop a new habit which I talk about more in my 3rd blog post. A big part for why it is difficult for me is because I am used to being able to have access to a lot of water. That is something I have never needed to worry about except for two times that the water at my house got shut off because the bill was not paid.
Something that needs to change is that I need to be more strict with myself. If I start falling back on any day then I will lose the habit and it will be much harder to get back on track. The best thing that I can do and anyone else that is trying to fulfill the same thing is to set a timer for how long you're allowed to shower for and stick to that. Never stop following that structure. I do not think I need other people to help me with this. It is more or so if I want to create a habit, it has to be me working towards it instead of someone helping me do it. Once that person stopped helping me, I would fall back to my old habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment